Friday, June 8, 2007

Day 3

Today we started off early and grabbed breakfast and headed to Bryant Park to sit and eat breakfast. We went to the Starbucks across the street. It was really busy. We got through okay though. It is funny how New Yorkers are so use to be in crowded conditions. After breakfast we walked to Times Square and took the subway to west 4th street. After we arrived we walked down south. We walked through the Greenwich Village, Soho, Canal Street, China Town and little Italy. We did a lot of walking on the walk we went in stores, galleries, and even visit the oldest Coffee Shop in the City. I will ask Abbie the name when he wakes up. We saw Morgan Spurlock in Soho, where he lives. We made it down to Canal Street where we saw several vendor selling perfume, sunglasses and handbags. Apparently the Chinese and the Nigerians have control over the handbag racket in New York. They set up shop and sell handbags for about 40 dollars a pop, which is much less than in the store. I brought my mother one for her birthday. We ended up eating lunch in China Town after the shopping walk through Canal Street. We had Beef Chow fun, which is a like beef lo mien, but with a flat noodle. The food was really good and cheap at six bucks. After China Town, we went and had Gelato in Little Italy. All these places seem like self contained villages. I think some of these people never venture far out of their village. Abbie was telling me while we were out that Friends was suppose to be in Greenwich Village. Will and Grace did a lot of shots in the Greenwich Village. Will's office is one street over from Christopher Street. Bleecher Street is also a big New York Street. After we left Little Italy, we hoped a cab and headed back to the room. We rested for a while and then went out and did the Boat Cruise of the City. I got lots of good pictures and I got to see the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Financial district and several bridges including the Brooklyn Bridge. It has really been a great trip. We have kept busy doing something everyday and most of that day. I have really enjoyed it. After the boat cruise, we paid some bike taxi to take us to the restaurant district. We got out and went to the M&M store and then walked back to a diner near the hotel, had dinner and got back to the room around 10:30pm

No comments: